Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Follow the Leader

When I titled it this, I don't mean Follow me, I mean follow those who follow me. So in this case there is one leader, Alyse, who is followed by Pao. So follow them in following me. 

They are doing this out of charity, so you should too. This is way more rewarding for you than to donate money to some starving kid in Africa, because face it, they are no where near as entertaining as I am. And, more importantly, I am free to support. 

I also want to get a better idea of who is actually reading this because I only know of a few (Alyse, Pao, Shige, CT and Me). And without the understanding of who is reading, then I cannot adequately accommodate  your individual needs as a group (That's right, you show me such a lack of disrespect). 

Anyway, quick story. Tyler, Paolini and I went to Kip's (a bar, where on Tuesday, all well drinks are supposedly two dollars, thus spurring our trip) to celebrate our forfeited IM game. Now, you may stop me here, and say, "Now Joe, I have stuck with you and believed all of your other bull shit but this is too far, celebrating after a forfeit?" And I agree with you that is a valid question and concern. But alas, I forgot to mention a detail. The other team did not show up. 

Tyler and I each order a beer, apparently not two dollars because it's hard alcohol. Oh, and it is not two dollar tuesday, it is 2.50. (Note to self: Write letter to Better Business Bureau, attn: false advertising dept.) Pao orders a double 7 and 7, which, for you rookies, is seagram's seven and seven up. Pao pays with a 20. The bartender gives him back 11. 

Now for you math majors following along at home, $2 or even $2.50 x 2 is not 9. Pao vocalizes this concern. Bartender claims that Seagram's is top shelf. (Advice: If you are ever in a bar where Seagram's 7 is top shelf, leave Mexico immediately) A handle of 7, paolini claims, is 15 bucks at Costco. 

To make a long story short, Pao was pissed an vowed never to go back to Kip's because the bartender took a shit on him and made him drink his drink. 

Also, I witnessed the clean-up guy at Kip's clear dishes. While doing this, he takes a plastic fork off of a used plate, washes it in the sink and throws it back in with the other "clean" forks.

Let's hear it for Kip's.

3 comments:

  1. kip kip kurray!

    I read you posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. last week i ordered some kip's nachos, got my number, and waited for the intercom to call it. waited 20 min. went up to the food counter guy who was sitting on his ass/texting on his iphone: "oh we're out of nachos.. do you want to exchange them for something else?" i got some cheese fries a mere 20 minutes later. kip kip kurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fuck kips.

    Who wants to go to kips tonight???

    ReplyDelete

visitors