Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Snuff

Just finished Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk. The book was filthy. It was my fourth Chuck book and if I had to rank them, I couldn't. His style is short and perverse. He has no excess words. He just kills it. Everything about Chuck's writing is what I want to sound like. The character depth is always insanely original– their jobs, their back stories, they are incredible in themselves. 

I better stop loving him and just rank his stuff.

  1. Choke, the movie is bad, the book is superb.
  2. Lullaby, a story about a poem that kills people from reciting it or thinking it. 
  3. Fight Club, I couldn't tell you whether the book or the movie is better.
  4. Snuff, his ability to write from four different first person perspectives is a work of art in itself and the fact that it works is even more unbelievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors