Thursday, June 11, 2009

Gran Torino




Watching it for the third time with the family, I still really like it. 

First time I saw it, I cried.

Second time, I realized why I like this film so much. It remind

One of my favorite themes in all of literature is a man who no longer can find a place in the society that he defined his life around–Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe, I am at a loss to recall others. In Walt Kowalski's case, it is the America that he fought to defend.

The dialogue from Clint is awesome. Some of the shit he says is so outrageous and racist, it's surprising.
ex:

I used to stack fucks likes you, five feet high in Korea, use ya for sand bags.

Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here." 

(while grilling for his Hmong neighbors) "How do you like your dog -- I mean steaks?"

He calls people Pusscake. 

Great movie. Laugh, Cry, good either way.

See it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors