Thursday, June 4, 2009

NBA Finals

Lakers in 5. 

You know I hate Kobe, but I love the lakers. I miss the old days, not showtime, but Shaq era. It was just better then. 

The Magic are good, but I don't think they can handle the entirety of LA's lineup. 

Rashard Lewis will have to shoot over either Trevor Ariza or Lamar Odom, not Delante West. The one who doesn't guard Lewis will be on Turkoglu, who won't be able to get inside like he did against the Cavs, who had really no one to match-up with him.

The Lakers have no answer for Dwight Howard inside, but both of the Laker centers better than Z and Varejao. In Varejao's case, maybe not defense, but as a whole I would rather have Bynum and Gasol. If Howard can score 80 a game, this might be a series, but I doubt it. 

And as much as I hate to say it, Kobe will be, as always, unstoppable. If they all turn their heads toward Kobe, like they did against Lebron, the Lakers will make their open shots, if Kobe passes. Yes, Lebron is a better passer than Kobe, but it won't make a difference if they leave the Lakers as open as they left the Cavs. 

Skip to my lou can be handled by Derek Fisher, who is well past his prime.

The Wild Card is Jameer Nelson, who was just activated today. He will probably be out of shape a bit since he has been out for a few months, but the guy is baller. Nelson even 75% is better than any guard on the floor, so that will be interesting. If he gets nasty, I will have to take back my prediction.

Until then, this is the Lakers' championship to lose.

This will be a 5 game series, maybe 6. Maybe. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors