Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sex and the City

I am watching the movie, again. This time with my mom and my brother. 

I like this movie, which, as Jake and Bruno point out, is such a Samantha thing to say. Anyway, I really like this movie. 

It goes beyond the typical surface of the show. It has depth. It depicts serious problems that cannot be resolved with a Carrie Bradshaw one liner at the end of the episode. And most importantly the source of the problems are not blamed on the men. 

The problems are on both people, so to say that every problem is a result of a multitude of things. No, this isn't bitching about my relationship with Alyse, because anything that goes wrong in that one is always my fault, really, I'm not being sarcastic. We're perfect just for the record.

 But this movie says something about problems in general. It shows the audience both sides of the problem. It's hard to do that in the real world, especially when you are involved, but it's something worth trying. Take yourself out of the situation and ask what about me is causing this issue, even if you feel that it is all on someone else, you are at fault as well. 

I know I'm not the poster boy for this. I'm sorry. There, that's a start. So, if I've wronged you, then Fuck off, it's your fault– only kidding.

Give it a try. And watch the movie too. 

2 comments:

visitors