Monday, March 9, 2009

A case of the mondays- part one of many

I woked up stressed, thinking that I had an unfinished feature to finish up before I went to class. I put a solid effort in to finish early, but when I got into the office there was a problem– we had no pictures of nikki schrey playing softball. 
None. The issue here is that Schrey does not play a lot, in fact, she only has one start and most of her appearances are as a pinch runner. So the odds of other newspapers having pictures were low too, but I called them anyway. UCR's student paper doesn't have access to the internet or as it turns out a phone. The Daily Titan(CSUF) scoured their archives but no luck. So we turned to the athlete herself for a bail out in a staged photo shoot. My editor wanted a shot of her hitting a soccer ball with a bat. 
We were told that Schrey was too busy all day with class and getting ready to make the trip to hawaii for a week of games (read: the competition is so light that it might as well count as spring break). But anyways so the feature is pushed back to next Tuesday. All that hard work, for it to just sit around on my computer, what a waste.
On the brighter side of things, I have a dialogue due for my fiction class due tomorrow morning, which I haven't started. And I am writing this instead, yeah, you're right, bad idea. 



1 comment:

  1. I'm with you there Cannon. Still working on my Tolstoy essay and haven't started on my dialogue. Taking on 22 units with gazillion other things outside of school was a big mistake.

    and I hate you for making this blog. It makes me procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete

visitors