Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ruining Nikki Schrey's life

Although people only use the daily cal for two things nowadays– sudoku and the crossword– okay, three– sex on tuesday– there are still some people that read the paper.  
So when my feature on Schrey runs, it is just another chance that I could have completely missed what she was trying to tell me. This feature,like the "nkech me if you can" piece, is not a matter of life and death, unlike the jorde feature, which was. Still, I feel weird knowing that the ten's of readers that the daily cal has everyday will only know Schrey as the image that I construct in my article, assuming people actually read more than the headline.
I am also trying to not let this sound formulaic and trite, which Jeff MacGregor shows oh-so-perfectly how-to-do according to modern day journalism- boom.
So Schrey's story is still in the works and due tomorrow at 5 pm, I'll post a link when it's up. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors