Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The versatility of my words

During the summer, I wrote this as a note on facebook last august 11th–
Today, in my english class, the girl seated in front of me began to draw all over the daily cal. Much to my dismay, her anime-esque drawing was all over my story. 
Yes, it was only an 8 inch brief on the Olympic men's swim progress, but damn it still hurts. 
Now, what hurts the most is that she didn't even read my article, let alone give my lead-in a chance. She just began drawing.
Admittedly, she drew an asian girl's face rather well, but I would have preferred a different medium.

So today, my Nikki Schrey feature finally ran and was all over the back page of the daily cal. Before my first class started, this girl sitting directly across from me began reading my story. But she was unable to finish because my professor began class. I wanted to stop the class from beginning because, dammit, my article deserves to be read. Anyways it was nice to see someone actually reading it. 
After class, Alyse and I were sitting in front of Dwinelle just people watching, as I scrambled to finish my dialogue, which was due before my next class. An odd-looking rastafarian was riding his longboard while his huge dog pulled him along on a leash (read: homeless wakeboarding). 
The dog had business to take care of and dragged his owner over to a bush to drop a deuce. And a deuce he did drop. We both expected the man to just leave the poop on the ground, as he looked around to see if anyone had seen what his dog had just done. But in reality, he was looking for something to clean it up. 
He reached into the recycling trashcan and pulled out a paper. It was the daily cal. He looked at it, pulled it open to the back page and cleaned up his dog's business with my feature. 
They say each high has a low. Well, if that's not it, I don't want to know. 
On the brightside, at least people are using the daily cal for something other than sudoku and the crossword.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's hilarious. If it makes you feel any better, I've never read the daily cal >_> but then again, you've never read the yearbook, so we're even.

    p.s. sorry about the previous post. I was still logged in my friend's google account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I read "Once an Athlete..." today. Schrey seemed like a cool girl. Seriously, a really gripping read with nice flow, though I was confused by the rising actions before the 3rd act. I liked how she changed sports and what not, but I didn't really understand the whole Women's Boxing bit. Like, why did Clint Eastwood's character take her in after he said "I don't train girls"? And what happened to the German girl at the end of the movie? She was hopping around like a badass, but really, she should go to jail. I wonder what women's jails are like. They probably have a lot of pillow fights. My pillow is blue.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete

visitors